Wednesday, August 22, 2012

3 Words --> 2 Seconds --> 1 moment ..."Thank You God"




Lord, Why you trust me so much I do not know… But you gave me the best things I never knew I needed…My Hearts, My Blessings, My Gifts….

 Who’d a thought I’d be a mother… In college I was always the one who didn’t want kids… while my friends were talking about getting married as well as having 3 and 4 kids I was looking at them with this face O_o!!!...LOL… My how the tables turned… never did I think at the age of 20 that I would find that love that would change my whole perspective but I did… those thoughts became my thoughts I wanted to get married and have 5 kids to be exact…Love had me thinking I wanted a big family and at Christmas when my kids got older and had kids they would call me “Big Mama”, “Granny” or “Nana” and there would be laughter everywhere and just kids running around giving their "Big Mama" kisses … those were and are still my thoughts funny to say…  Although I didn’t reach the exact number of 5 children I did have 3 and life along with destiny has dealt me a whole new set of different cards that I am embracing on a daily basis…
 The will of God will never take you where the grace of God cannot protect you.  This new life … “it’s just different” (in my Jay Z voice)… It’s filled with ups, downs, arounds, ins and outs… some days I can’t even tell you if I’m coming or going or if I remembered to do this and forgot to do that...If you’re telling me something and I tell you to "text it to me instead or write it down"… trust me your best bet is to do so … shoot I got 3 kids I will not remember what you said…LOL… no lie… But I have learned that God will empower you to take charge as a single parent.  We as single parents must draw from his rich resources to nurture our children so that they achieve their greatest potential. I am going to leave you with 3 helpful tips that get me thru when I want to give up:

1.       Prayer of Promise- You are not going to have all the answers, you are not going to have all the best ways and sometimes you won’t even have the words that your child needs to hear…but you have to pray about it all. “Lord, I want to thank you for giving me all that I need when I am knee deep in the challenges that I face in life, including being a single parent.  Lord I commit myself to trust you and be totally dependent on you for the help I need so that I may have discernment, wisdom and resources to raise my family. Continue to provide me with faith so that I may pass that faith down to my children. Amen” … Simple and God is always listening.

2.       Set Your Priorities- Okay I can admit I am the QUEEN of being late… ask anybody… LOL… People usually give me a 2hr before lie time so that I can arrive right on time…:0D!!! I am working on that flaw… As a single parent you will need to make a distinct effort to organize the many activities of your life.  You can start by setting specific goals for your family that are basically achievable.  Proper time management is important if you are going to accomplish significant personal and family goals.  So ask God to guide you as you make plans to achieve your goals

3.       Promote Family Relationships – God is a God of good relationships.  It is through a connection with your heavenly Father that your life becomes significant and happy.  This loving connection is then transferred into your family relations. Provide your children with the reassurance they need and let them know they are smart, they are special and they are important.
Single Parenting is straight On-The- Job Training… there are no perfect guides or books to specify what YOUR child needs, just speculations and every child is different…But there is God, there is Prayer and there is Faith… start with those it builds a great foundation…Walk with me!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment